Well, as always in January, we set ourselves up for changes and challenges in the New Year. A regular favourite amongst my family and friends, is losing weight. But we really do love food!
Last year I spent a lot of time reviewing recipes and suggestions for low calorie, but satisfying, puddings. I think this really is a winner :). Add it to your diet plan and see the results of weight loss and foodie heaven, combined.
Chocolate Orange Souffles
sunflower oil for greasing
50g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
juice of half a lemon
3 medium egg whites
rind of 1 orange, grated
dark chocolate shavings
cream/ice cream (if you're feeling naughty)
1. Set the oven to 190C (170C for fan assisted ovens) and grease 4 100ml ramekin dishes.
2. Gently combine the caster sugar, cocoa, lemon juice and orange rind, and set aside.
3. In a grease free bowl, whisk the egg whites, using an electric whisk, until forming soft peaks.
4. Carefully whisk in the cocoa mixture, until thoroughly combined. Divide between the four ramekins.
5. Place the ramekins on a baking tray in the centre of the oven, for 12 minutes, until risen.
6. Once baked, remove and serve immediately with your choice of creme freche, cream or ice cream and decorate with chocolate shavings.
Why not try using mint, instead of orange rind. Or possibly serving the souffles with a white chocolate infused cream for a more decadent dish.
At only around 80 calories a pop, why not treat yourself this evening. Simple, easy but ridiculously delicious.
Keep calm and dig in, kiddies.
Red Velvet xo