I had quite a busy, but productive, week last week. Feeling rather refreshed this January and ready to step everything up a notch. After deciding on selling my baking, I decided that last week I would do a little cupcake mixology and refine my favourite flavours. SO MUCH FUN! Can you wait for my valentine edition? Well I might just make you ;)...
As for recipes...heres another little alcoholic number for you to try. This little request was for a vodka kicking cupcake...keep calm it's only a tipple kiddies ;)
80g softened unsalted butter
280g golden caster sugar
240g plain flour
1 heaped tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
240ml semi skimmed milk
2 medium eggs
juice of half a lemon
rind of half a lime
100g unsalted butter
40ml semi skimmed milk
2 tbsp of vodka
400g icing sugar
sugar flowers/lime rind etc. to decorate
1. Preheat your own to 190c and line a muffin tray with cases.
2. Using an electric whisk (or spending a lot of time by hand) slowly beat butter, sugar, flour and baking powder, until the ingredients resemble a fine breadcrumb consistency.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk and eggs, until light a frothy and slowly mix into the dry mixture.
4. Once everything is mixed in, blitz with an electric mix until a super smooth batter is formed. Add in the extra rind and lemon juice and combine.
5. Divide between the muffin cases until three quarters full and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden and springy to touch.
6. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack until cool.
7. Whilst the buns are cooling, make the icing. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, milk, vodka and half the icing sugar. This make take a while by hand, and even a few minutes with an electric whisk.
8. Add the remaining icing sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
9. Once the cupcakes are cool, decorate the cupcakes, with the buttercream, using a palette knife to create a neat swirl.
10. Decorate with lime rind or sugar flours.
Sorry for the delay guys, look out for the next few posts on store cupboard essentials and Valentines treats...
Keep calm and don't get too tipsy...
Red Velvet xo